No. QEHS 005 / 2020
Subject: Quality, Environment, Occupational Health and Safety, and Information Security Policy
Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd. operates its business by selling and providing services for office automation products, cameras, and other related products under the brand name “Canon”. At Canon, we stress the importance of quality, environment, occupational health and safety, and information security in accordance with the “Kyosei” philosophy, meaning harmoniously living and working together for common benefits with an emphasis on QEHS systems. The Management team and every staff commit to the following:
1. The company intends on ensuring satisfaction for all customer requirements, including:
All of these things will establish both customer confidence and satisfaction under the slogan
“Focus on providing customer satisfaction on the quality of products and services”
2. Comply with both domestic and international laws and regulations concerning quality, environment, occupational health and safety, and information security such as customer requirements, Thai Green Label requirements and Environmental Management System requirements etc.
3. Create, educate, and raise awareness of environmental, occupational health and safety, and information security management policies to employees, suppliers and outsources, ensuring compliance with company policies.
4. Encourage employees to participate in energy conservation, environmental saving activities e.g. ink/cartridge return campaign, hazardous waste segregation campaign. It is considered to be objective and goal to practice and review continuously.
5. Eliminate hazards and reduce occupational health and safety risks. Prevent accidents and injuries resulting from work, including vehicle use, electricity use, chemical use and illness caused from work related disease etc. Company will provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health and provide a risk-related protective equipment including consultation and participation of workers, and where they exist, workers’ representatives.
6. There are measures and practices to strengthen information security for confidential information, both the company and the customer.
7. Company will monitor the implementation of policies and objectives contribution for the efficiency, effectiveness and continual improvement.
Announced on February 19th, 2020
(Mr. Hiroshi Yokota)
President & CEO
Back to top
Grow and develop firmly with the world creation and happiness of mankind.
Determine to research for the worthy utilization of resources and present the quality innovations for the sustainable development.
Operate business alongside the natural resources and environmental conservation. All Canon products adhere to EQCD to develop new innovations to use the natural resources wisely, worthily and and free from toxin for the safety of life and environmentally friendly.
E : Environment (environmental assurance) Companies are not qualified to manufacture goods if they are incapable of environmental assurance.
Q : Quality Companies are not qualified to market goods if they are incapable of producing quality goods.
C : Cost Companies are not qualified to compete if they are incapable of meeting cost and delivery requirements.
D : Delivery
Announced on March 23rd, 2007
President and CEO
Back to top
Being certified with ISO 14001 bases on the international standard determined by International Organization for Standardization (ISO). It is for the organization who is aware of the work process control that would not affect the environment.
Canon associated companies worldwide, including Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd., were certified with ISO 14001 in June 2007 under the environmental philosophy of Canon to perform business concurrently with the natural resources and environmental conservation for the sustain development.
Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd. has implemented the environmental philosophy of Canon as the fundamental principle for operating the environmental management system for the Canon service center nationwide and are certified with ISO 14001 includes the head office, Chiang Mai Branch, Khon Kaen Branch, and Workshop in Pathum Thani. We will continue maintaining the standard and develop the system constantly.
(Green Label or eco-label) is the label for the product that has less environmental impacts comparing to other products with the same function while the quality still meet the standard. Therefore, green label is the drive to alert the manufacturer or supplier to compete among themselves to upgrade products and service quality focusing on the environmental impact. Green label is the non-compulsory measure due to the necessity for restoration and maintaining environment and development accordingly which leads to the sustainable development emphasizing on the participation of the key sectors i.e. manufacturers and consumers. Currently, more than 30 countries worldwide implement this project.
Green Label in Thailand
The Thai Green Label Scheme was initiated by the Thailand Business Council for Sustainable Development (TBCSD) in October 1993. It was formally launched in August 1994 by Thailand Environment Institute (TEI), Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Thai Industrial Standards Institute (TISI) and other relevant agencies to act out concretely. Therefore, it is considered an environmental label of Thailand arising from cooperation between government agencies and various central organizations. The Thai Industrial Standards Institute and the Thai Environment Institute act as secretaries.
Green Label Concept
Principle of Product Selection for Green Label
Environmental Principle for Work Guidance
Since green label certifies the product with less environmental impacts comparing to the products with the same function, therefore, the Green Label Management Commission has set the environmental principle to operate the project and use as the fundamental guidelines for product selection. Criteria and regulations for the product are as follows.
The environmental impact assessment shall consider the direct impacts throughout the whole life cycle of product.
Refference : Thailand Environment Institute
website : https://www.tei.or.th/greenlabel/
Back to top
Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd. has the policy for environmental management leading to the green office. To efficiently fertilize the policy and achieve the goal the environmental policy for Green Office Project is announced under the determination to execute the policy of the top executives and all employees.
Announced on December 22rd, 2018
Back to top