Before connecting the machine to the network, the computer needs to be connected to the network. Make sure that configuration of the computer and access point or router is complete.
Add (connect) the machine to the network.
B: Access point or wireless router, etc.
- Notes on Wireless Connection
- The configuration, router functions, setup procedures and security settings of the network device vary depending on your system environment. For details, refer to your device's instruction manual or contact its manufacturer.
- In an office setup, consult your network administrator.
- If you connect to a network that is not protected with security measures, there is a risk of disclosing data such as your personal information to a third party.
- The machine cannot be used over a wireless and wired connection at the same time.
- If an error message appears or if you have trouble with the network connection, refer to the printed manual: Network Setup Troubleshooting.
An "Ad-hoc connection," which establishes a direct connection to the computer over a wireless connection without using an access point, is not supported. Be sure to prepare an access point.
Wireless Setup Using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
Press the Setup button (A).
The Setup menu screen is displayed.
button (B) to select Wireless LAN setup, then press the OK button.
button (C) to select Yes, then Press the OK button.
When wireless connection is enabled, the Wi-Fi lamp (D) lights blue.
Select Other setup, then press the OK button.
Select WPS, then press the OK button.
Select Push button method, then press the OK button.
Press the OK button.
- To use the PIN code method for setup, select PIN code method in 6, then press the OK button. Follow the on-screen instructions to operate the machine and access point. When the screen in 9 appears, press the OK button. When the screen in 2 returns, press the COPY button to return to the copy standby screen. A timeout error occurs if setup is not completed within 10 minutes. If the timeout error screen appears, press the OK button, then perform the setup again and set the new PIN code displayed on the screen to the access point. If another error appears, refer to the printed manual: Network Setup Troubleshooting.
Press and hold the WPS button on the access point (for about 5 seconds), then press the OK button on the machine within 2 minutes.
For details on the WPS button pressing, refer to the manual of your access point.
The Wi-Fi lamp (blue) flashes while searching for or connecting to an access point.
When the above screen appears, press the OK button.
The Setup menu screen returns.
- If the timeout error screen appears, press the OK button, then start over from 8.
- If another error appears, refer to the printed manual: Network Setup Troubleshooting.
Press the COPY button (E).
The copy standby screen is displayed.
Install the Software (Network Connection)
- To use the machine by connecting it to a computer, software including the drivers needs to be copied (installed) to the computer's hard disk. The installation process takes about 20 minutes. (The installation time varies depending on the computer environment or the number of application software to be installed.)
- Screens are based on Mac OS X v.10.5.x.
- Quit all running applications before installation.
- Log on as the administrator (or a member of the Administrators group).
- Do not switch users during the installation process.
- Internet connection may be required during the installation. Connection fees may apply. Consult the internet service provider.
- It may be necessary to restart your computer during the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions and do not remove the Setup CD-ROM during restarting. The installation resumes once your computer has restarted.
- If the firewall function of your security software is turned on, a warning message may appear that Canon software is attempting to access the network. If such a warning message appears, set the security software to always allow access.
- Mac OS 9, Mac OS X Classic environments, or Mac OS X v.10.4.10 or earlier are not supported.
Turn on the computer, then insert the Setup CDROM into the CD-ROM drive.
If you are using Windows, the setup program starts automatically.
Double-click the Setup icon of the CD-ROM folder to proceed to the following screen. Enter your administrator name and password, then click OK.
If the CD-ROM folder does not open automatically, double-click the CD-ROM icon on the desktop.
If you do not know your administrator name or password, click the help button, then follow the on-screen instructions.
Select your place of residence, then click Next.
- If the Select Language screen appears, select a language, then click Next.
Select a country or region, then click Next.
- Displayed only when Europe, Middle East, Africa or Asia is selected on the screen in 3.
Click Easy Install.
The drivers, application software, and on-screen manuals are installed all together.
- If you want to select particular items to install, click Custom Install.
Select Use the printer on network, then click Next.
Follow any on-screen instructions to proceed with the software installation.
When the Printer Detection screen appears, click Next.
- If the Printer Connection screen appears instead of the screen above, the connection method is not correctly selected in 7.
- Follow on-screen instructions and proceed with the installation. Click Exit on the installation complete screen, then start again from 2 and be sure to select Use the printer on network in 7.
On the Canon IJ Network Tool screen, select MX350 series in Printers, then click Next.
- If the machine is not detected, refer to the printed manual: Network Setup Troubleshooting. Make sure there is no problem, then click Update.
Install the Software (Registration)
This section describes how to register the machine on a Macintosh computer.
When the Register Printer and Scanner screen appears, click Register Printer.
- Proceed to the section that relates to your operating system for further installation instructions.
Mac OS X -> v.10.6.x / v.10.5.x -> Go to 2-A
Mac OS X -> v.10.4.11 -> Go to 2-B
The alphanumeric characters after Canon MX350 series is the machine's Bonjour service name or MAC address.
- If the machine has not been detected, make sure of the following.
- The machine is turned on.
- The firewall function of any security software is turned off.
- The computer is connected to the access point.
2-A Mac OS X v.10.6.x/v.10.5.x
Mac OS X v.10.4.11 -> 2-B
Select Canon MX350 series and click Add.
-> Go to 3
When the Printer List window appears, click Add.
- When the You have no printers available. screen appears, click Add.
Click More Printers in the Printer Browser window.
Select Canon IJ Network in the pop-up menu, select Canon MX350 series in the list of printers, then click Add.
Make sure that Canon MX350 series is added to the list of printers.
-> Go to 3
When the Register Printer and Scanner screen appears, click Register Scanner.
Select Canon MX350 series on the Scan-from-PC Settings screen, then click OK.
Click Next on the Register Printer and Scanner screen.
Install the Software (Information)
Follow any on-screen instructions to proceed with the software installation.
- Important Information for the Installation
- Necessary Information for the User Registration
The product serial number is required when registering the product. The serial number is located inside the machine (as shown in the illustration).
- If the power is on, the FINE Cartridge Holder will move when the Scanning Unit (Cover) (A) is opened.
- The User Registration screen will only be displayed when Europe, Middle East, Africa is selected on the Select Your Place of Residence screen.
- If the Extended Survey Program screen appears
If you can agree to Extended Survey Program, click Agree.
If you click Do not agree, the Extended Survey Program will not be installed. (This has no effect on the machine's functionality.)
Click Exit to complete the installation.
If Restart is displayed, follow the instruction to restart the computer.
It is necessary to restart the computer same network before scanning using the Operation Panel on the machine for the first time.
Click the icon on the Dock to start Solution Menu.
- Remove the Setup CD-ROM and keep it in a safe place.
- The buttons displayed on Solution Menu may vary depending on the country or region of purchase.
- Using the Machine from Additional Computers
Now that the wireless connection of the machine is complete, it can be used from additional computers on the same network.
Install software including the drivers on the computer from which you want to use the machine. Other settings are not required.
A: Computer from which the machine can be used currently
B: Additional computers on the same network