The following cards can be used with the camera regardless of capacity. If the card is new or was previously formatted (initialized) by another camera or computer, format it with this camera.
* Type-B compatible
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards
UHS-II and UHS-I cards supported.
A card is not included. Please purchase it separately.
What memory cards have been verified to work with the camera (CFexpress card)?
Currently, compatibility has been verified for the following cards (as of July 2020).
|Manufacturer||Card name||Capacity(GB)||Still shooting||RAW movie |
8K 29.97p Recording
|SanDisk||Extreme Pro ||512||Supported||Supported|
Cards That Can Record Movies
When recording movies, use a card with ample performance (fast enough writing and reading speeds) for the movie recording quality.
Test cards by recording a few movies to make sure they can record correctly at your specified size.
|Movie recording size||CFexpress card||SD card|
|8K||8K RAW||RAW||CFexpress 1.0 [400MB/sec. or higher]||-||-|
|8K||ALL-I||CFexpress 1.0 [200MB/sec. or higher]||-||-|
|IPB||CFexpress 1.0||Video Speed Class 60 or higher||Video Speed Class 90 or higher|
|ALL-I||CFexpress 1.0 [400MB/sec. or higher]||-||-|
|ALL-I||CFexpress 1.0 [200MB/sec. or higher]||-||-|
|IPB||CFexpress 1.0||Video Speed|
Class 30 or
|Video Speed Class 60 or higher|
|Other than above||ALL-I||Video Speed Class 60 or higher||Video Speed Class 60 or higher|
|IPB||UHS Speed Class 3 or higher||UHS Speed Class 3 or higher|
|ALL-I||UHS Speed Class 3 or higher||UHS Speed Class 3 or higher|
|IPB||SD Speed Class 10 or higher||UHS Speed Class 3 or higher|
|Other than above||ALL-I||UHS Speed Class 3 or higher||UHS Speed Class 3 or higher|
|IPB||SD Speed Class 6 or higher||SD Speed Class 6 or higher|
|IPB(Light)||SD Speed Class 4 or higher||SD Speed Class 4 or higher|
|4K||Video Speed Class 60 or higher||Video Speed Class 60 or higher|
|Full HD||UHS Speed Class 3 or higher||UHS Speed Class 3 or higher|
- With Movie cropping set to [Disable], Movie digital IS set to [Off].
- Before recording 8K or 4K movies, format cards by selecting [ Low level format ] in [ : Format card ].
- If you use a slow-writing card when recording movies, the movie may not be recorded properly. Also, if you play back a movie on a card with a slow reading speed, the movie may not be played back properly.
- When recording movies, use high-performance cards with a writing speed sufficiently higher than the bit rate.
- When movies cannot be recorded properly, format the card and try again. If formatting the card does not resolve the problem, refer to the card manufacturer’s website, etc.
- Unsupported movie recording
The following files cannot be recorded to SD cards. Pressing the movie shooting button will not start recording.
- 4K 119.9/100.0 fps (High Frame Rate movies)
- 4K ALL-I HEVC (YUV422, 10-bit)
- 4K 59.94/50.00 fps ALL-I H.264 (YUV420, 8-bit)
- To obtain better performance with the card, formatting the card with the camera before recording movies is recommended.
- To check the card’s writing/reading speed, refer to the card manufacturer’s website, etc.